Meaning of dialogue
Pronunciation: (dī'u-lôg", -log"), [key]
— n., v. -logued, -logu•ing.
- conversation between two or more persons.
- the conversation between characters in a novel, drama, etc.
- an exchange of ideas or opinions on a particular issue, esp. a political or religious issue, with a view to reaching an amicable agreement or settlement.
- a literary work in the form of a conversation: a dialogue of Plato.
- to carry on a dialogue; converse.
- to discuss areas of disagreement frankly in order to resolve them.
- to put into the form of a dialogue.
- dialogue (Thesaurus)