development: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (di-vel'up-munt), [key]
- the act or process of developing; growth; progress: child development; economic development.
- a significant consequence or event: recent developments in the field of science.
- a developed state or form: Drama reached its highest development in the plays of Shakespeare.
- the part of a movement or composition in which a theme or themes are developed.
- a large group of private houses or of apartment houses, often of similar design, constructed as a unified community, esp. by a real-estate developer or government organization.
- the act or process of developing chess pieces.
- the work of digging openings, as tunnels, raises, and winzes, to give access to new workings, and of erecting necessary structures.
- development (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.