damn: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dam), [key]
- to declare (something) to be bad, unfit, invalid, or illegal.
- to condemn as a failure: to damn a play.
- to bring condemnation upon; ruin.
- to doom to eternal punishment or condemn to hell.
- to swear at or curse, using the word “damn”: Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!
- to use the word “damn”; swear.
- to praise so moderately as, in effect, to condemn: The critic damned the opera with faint praise when he termed the production adequate.
- (used as an expletive to express anger, annoyance, disgust, etc.)
- the utterance of “damn” in swearing or for emphasis.
- something of negligible value: not worth a damn.
- to care; be concerned; consider as important: You shouldn't give a damn about their opinions.
- damned (defs. 2, 3).
- See(def. 7).
- damn (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.