criticism: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (krit'u-siz"um), [key]
- the act of passing judgment as to the merits of anything.
- the act of passing severe judgment; censure; faultfinding.
- the act or art of analyzing and evaluating or judging the quality of a literary or artistic work, musical performance, art exhibit, dramatic production, etc.
- a critical comment, article, or essay; critique.
- any of various methods of studying texts or documents for the purpose of dating or reconstructing them, evaluating their authenticity, analyzing their content or style, etc.: historical criticism; literary criticism.
- investigation of the text, origin, etc., of literary documents, esp. Biblical ones: textual criticism.
- criticism (Thesaurus)