Meaning of cripple
Pronunciation: (krip'ul), [key]
— n., v., adj. -pled, -pling,
- a mental cripple.
- a person or animal that is partially or totally unable to use one or more limbs; a lame or disabled person or animal.
- a person who is disabled or impaired in any way:a mental cripple.
- anything that is impaired or flawed.
- a wounded animal, esp. one shot by a hunter.
- any structural member shorter than usual, as a stud beneath a window sill.
- a swampy, densely overgrown tract of land.
- to make a cripple of; lame.
- to disable; impair; weaken.
- jack (def. 29).
- cripple (Thesaurus)