creeper: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (krē'pur), [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- a person or thing that creeps.
- a plant that grows upon or just beneath the surface of the ground, or upon any other surface, sending out rootlets from the stem, as ivy and couch grass.
- Often,a one-piece garment for an infant, the lower portion resembling briefs and having snaps or buttons across the crotch for convenience in diapering.
- a spiked iron plate worn on the shoe to prevent slipping on ice, rock, etc.
- Also calleda flat framework on casters, on which a mechanic lies while working under an automobile or the like.
- any of various birds that creep or climb about on trees, esp. of the family Certhiidae, as Certhia americanaof the Northern Hemisphere.
- a domestic fowl having malformed, short legs, due to a genetic defect.
- a grappling device for dragging a river, lake, etc.