countenance: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (koun'tn-uns), [key]
— n., v., -nanced, -nanc•ing.
- appearance, esp. the look or expression of the face: a sad countenance.
- the face; visage.
- calm facial expression; composure.
- approval or favor; encouragement; moral support.
- bearing; behavior.
- visibly disconcerted; abashed: He was somewhat out of countenance at the prospect of an apology.
- to permit or tolerate: You should not have countenanced his rudeness.
- to approve, support, or encourage.
- countenance (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.