- 1. countenance, visage, appearance, visual aspect
- usage: the appearance conveyed by a person's face; "a pleasant countenance"; "a stern visage"
- 2. sanction, countenance, endorsement, indorsement, warrant, imprimatur, approval, commendation
- usage: formal and explicit approval; "a Democrat usually gets the union's endorsement"
- 3. countenance, physiognomy, phiz, visage, kisser, smiler, mug, face, human face
- usage: the human face (`kisser' and `smiler' and `mug' are informal terms for `face' and `phiz' is British)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. permit, allow, let, countenance, accept, consent, go for
- usage: consent to, give permission; "She permitted her son to visit her estranged husband"; "I won't let the police search her basement"; "I cannot allow you to see your exam"
All rights reserved.
See also: countenance (Dictionary)