convergence: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kun-vûr'juns), [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- an act or instance of converging.
- a convergent state or quality.
- the degree or point at which lines, objects, etc., converge.
- a coordinated turning of the eyes to bear upon a near point.
- the contraction of a vector field.
- a measure of this.
- a net flow of air into a given region. Cf. divergence (def. 2).
- similarity of form or structure caused by environment rather than heredity.