Meaning of continental
Pronunciation: (kon"tn-en'tl), [key]
- of or of the nature of a continent.
- (usually cap.) of or pertaining to the mainland of Europe, to Europeans, or to European customs and attitudes.
- (cap.) of or pertaining to the 13 original American colonies during and immediately after the American Revolution.
- of or pertaining to the continent of North America.
- (cap.) a soldier of the Continental Army in the American Revolution.
- a piece of paper currency issued by the Continental Congress during the American Revolution.
- a small amount: advice that's not worth a continental.
- an inhabitant of a continent.
- (usually cap.) an inhabitant of the mainland of Europe.
- continental (Thesaurus)