conclusion: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kun-kl'zhun), [key]
- the end or close; final part.
- the last main division of a discourse, usually containing a summing up of the points and a statement of opinion or decisions reached.
- a result, issue, or outcome; settlement or arrangement: The restitution payment was one of the conclusions of the negotiations.
- final decision: The judge has reached his conclusion.
- a reasoned deduction or inference.
- a proposition concluded or inferred from the premises of an argument.
- the effect of an act by which the person performing the act is bound not to do anything inconsistent therewith; an estoppel.
- the end of a pleading or conveyance.
- finally: In conclusion, I would like to thank you for your attention.
- to engage oneself in a struggle for victory or mastery over, as a person or an impediment.
- conclusion (Thesaurus)