Meaning of communion
Pronunciation: (ku-myn'yun), [key]
- (often cap.) Also called
- the act of receiving the Eucharistic elements.
- the elements of the Eucharist.
- the celebration of the Eucharist.
- the antiphon sung at a Eucharistic service.
- a group of persons having a common religious faith; a religious denomination: Anglican communion.
- association; fellowship.
- interchange or sharing of thoughts or emotions; intimate communication: communion with nature.
- the act of sharing, or holding in common; participation.
- the state of things so held.
- communion (Thesaurus)