combination: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kom"bu-nā'shun), [key]
- the act of combining or the state of being combined.
- a number of things combined: a combination of ideas.
- something formed by combining: A chord is a combination of notes.
- an alliance of persons or parties: a combination in restraint of trade.
- the set or series of numbers or letters used in setting the mechanism of a combination lock.
- the parts of the mechanism operated by this.
- Often,a suit of underwear in one piece.
- the arrangement of elements into various groups without regard to their order in the group.
- a group thus formed. Cf. permutation (def. 1).
- combination (Thesaurus)