WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. combination, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: a collection of things that have been combined; an assemblage of separate parts or qualities
- 2. combination, sequence
- usage: a coordinated sequence of chess moves
- 3. combination, sequence
- usage: a sequence of numbers or letters that opens a combination lock; "he forgot the combination to the safe"
- 4. combination, unit, social unit
- usage: a group of people (often temporary) having a common purpose; "they were a winning combination"
- 5. combination, alliance, coalition, alignment, alinement
- usage: an alliance of people or corporations or countries for a special purpose (formerly to achieve some antisocial end but now for general political or economic purposes)
- 6. combination, mathematical process, mathematical operation, operation
- usage: the act of arranging elements into specified groups without regard to order
- 7. combination, combining, compounding, change of integrity
- usage: the act of combining things to form a new whole
All rights reserved.
See also: combination (Dictionary)