Meaning of Columbia
Pronunciation: (ku-lum'bē-u), [key]
- a river in SW Canada and the NW United States, flowing S and W from SE British Columbia through Washington along the boundary between Washington and Oregon and into the Pacific. 1214 mi. (1955 km) long.
- a city in and the capital of South Carolina, in the central part. 99,296.
- a city in central Missouri. 62,061.
- a city in central Maryland. 52,518.
- a city in central Tennessee. 25,767.
- a city in SE Pennsylvania. 10,466.
- the United States of America.
- one of an American breed of large sheep, developed by crossbreeding the Lincoln and Rambouillet, noted for its good market lambs and heavy fleece of medium length.
- (italics)the first space shuttle to orbit and return to earth.
- columbia (Thesaurus)