Meaning of caravan
Pronunciation: (kar'u-van"), [key]
— n., v., -vaned -vanned, -van•ing -van•ning.
- a group of travelers, as merchants or pilgrims, journeying together for safety in passing through deserts, hostile territory, etc.
- any group traveling in or as if in a caravan and using a specific mode of transportation, as pack animals or motor vehicles: a caravan of trucks; a camel caravan.
- a large covered vehicle for conveying passengers, goods, a sideshow, etc.; van.
- a house on wheels; trailer.
- to carry in or as if in a caravan: Trucks caravaned food and medical supplies to the flood's survivors.
- to travel in or as if in a caravan: They caravaned through Egypt.
- caravan (Thesaurus)