aggravation: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ag"ru-vā'shun), [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- an increase in intensity, seriousness, or severity; act of making worse: an aggravation of pain.
- the state of being aggravated.
- something that causes an increase in intensity, degree, or severity.
- annoyance; exasperation: Johnny causes me so much aggravation!
- a source or cause of annoyance or exasperation: Johnny's such an aggravation to her!