agape: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (u-gāp', u-gap'), [key]
— adv., adj.
- with the mouth wide open, as in wonder, surprise, or eagerness: We stood there agape at the splendor.
- wide open: his mouth agape.
Pronunciation: (ä-gä'pā, ä'gu-pā", ag'u-), [key]
— pl. -pae -pai
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- the love of God or Christ for humankind.
- the love of Christians for other persons, corresponding to the love of God for humankind.
- unselfish love of one person for another without sexual implications; brotherly love.
- See(defs. 1, 2).