affix: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.u-fiks'n.af'iks), [key]
- to fasten, join, or attach (usually fol. by to): to affix stamps to a letter.
- to put or add on; append: to affix a signature to a contract.
- to impress (a seal or stamp).
- to attach (blame, reproach, ridicule, etc.).
- something that is joined or attached.
- a bound inflectional or derivational element, as a prefix, infix, or suffix, added to a base or stem to form a fresh stem or a word, as -ed added to want to form wanted, or im- added to possible to form impossible. Cf. combining form.
- affix (Thesaurus)