Meaning of access
Pronunciation: (ak'ses), [key]
- the ability, right, or permission to approach, enter, speak with, or use; admittance: They have access to the files.
- the state or quality of being approachable: The house was difficult of access.
- a way or means of approach: The only access to the house was a rough dirt road.
- approach to God through Jesus Christ.
- an attack or onset, as of a disease.
- a sudden and strong emotional outburst.
- to make contact with or gain access to; be able to reach, approach, enter, etc.: Bank customers can access their checking accounts instantly through the new electronic system.
- to locate (data) for transfer from one part of a computer system to another, generally between an external storage device and main storage.
- (of programming, time, etc.) available to the public: Six channels now offer access services.
- access (Thesaurus)