- 1. entree, access, accession, admission, admittance, right
- usage: the right to enter
- 2. access, right
- usage: the right to obtain or make use of or take advantage of something (as services or membership)
- 3. access, approach, way
- usage: a way of entering or leaving; "he took a wrong turn on the access to the bridge"
- 4. access, access code, code
- usage: a code (a series of characters or digits) that must be entered in some way (typed or dialed or spoken) to get the use of something (a telephone line or a computer or a local area network etc.)
- 5. access, memory access, operation
- usage: (computer science) the operation of reading or writing stored information
- 6. access, approach, approaching, coming
- usage: the act of approaching or entering; "he gained access to the building"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. access, recover, retrieve, find, regain
- usage: obtain or retrieve from a storage device; as of information on a computer
- 2. access, get at, reach, make, attain, hit, arrive at, gain
- usage: reach or gain access to; "How does one access the attic in this house?"; "I cannot get to the T.V. antenna, even if I climb on the roof"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of access (Dictionary)