absorption: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ab-sôrp'shun, -zôrp'-), [key]
- the act of absorbing.
- the state or process of being absorbed.
- assimilation; incorporation: the absorption of small farms into one big one.
- uptake of substances by a tissue, as of nutrients through the wall of the intestine.
- a taking in or reception by molecular or chemical action, as of gases or liquids.
- the removal of energy or particles from a beam by the medium through which the beam propagates.
- complete attention or preoccupation; deep engrossment: absorption in one's work.
- absorption (Thesaurus)