Updated August 5, 2020 | Infoplease Staff
Below is a list of crime statistics in the United States, which includes total arrests, number of persons executed, hate crime and murder victims, law enforcement officers killed, and more.
- Total arrests (2011): 12.408 million
- State, federal, and local prison inmates (2012): 2,228,400
- Prisoners under sentence of death (2012): 3,033
- Persons executed under civil authority (2013): 39
- Law enforcement officers killed (2013): 27
- Total murder victims (2012): 12,746
- Violent crimes per 100,000 people (2012): 386.9
- Property crimes per 100,000 people (2012): 2,859.2
- Homicides per 100,000 people (2012): 4.7
- Nonfatal violent and property hate crimes (2012): 293,800
See also Crime Data.
|Profile of the United States|
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.