Synonyms of wretched
- 1. deplorable, execrable, miserable, woeful, wretched, inferior (vs. superior)
- usage: of very poor quality or condition; "deplorable housing conditions in the inner city"; "woeful treatment of the accused"; "woeful errors of judgment"
- 2. miserable, wretched, uncomfortable (vs. comfortable)
- usage: characterized by physical misery; "a wet miserable weekend"; "spent a wretched night on the floor"
- 3. miserable, suffering, wretched, unhappy (vs. happy)
- usage: very unhappy; full of misery; "he felt depressed and miserable"; "a message of hope for suffering humanity"; "wretched prisoners huddled in stinking cages"
- 4. despicable, ugly, vile, slimy, unworthy, worthless, wretched, evil (vs. good)
- usage: morally reprehensible; "would do something as despicable as murder"; "ugly crimes"; "the vile development of slavery appalled them"; "a slimy little liar"
- 5. hapless, miserable, misfortunate, pathetic, piteous, pitiable, pitiful, poor, wretched, unfortunate (vs. fortunate)
- usage: deserving or inciting pity; "a hapless victim"; "miserable victims of war"; "the shabby room struck her as extraordinarily pathetic"- Galsworthy; "piteous appeals for help"; "pitiable homeless children"; "a pitiful fate"; "Oh, you poor thing"; "his poor distorted limbs"; "a wretched life"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of wretched (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.