WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. wintergreen, pyrola, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: any of several evergreen perennials of the genus Pyrola
- 2. teaberry, wintergreen, checkerberry, mountain tea, groundberry, ground-berry, creeping wintergreen, Gaultheria procumbens, shrublet
- usage: creeping shrub of eastern North America having white bell-shaped flowers followed by spicy red berrylike fruit and shiny aromatic leaves that yield wintergreen oil
- 3. wintergreen, boxberry, checkerberry, teaberry, spiceberry, berry
- usage: spicy red berrylike fruit; source of wintergreen oil
All rights reserved.
See also: wintergreen (Dictionary)