Synonyms of whispering
- 1. rustle, rustling, whisper, whispering, noise
- usage: a light noise, like the noise of silk clothing or leaves blowing in the wind
- 2. whisper, whispering, susurration, voicelessness, speaking, speech production
- usage: speaking softly without vibration of the vocal cords
- 1. whisper, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: speak softly; in a low voice
- 1. murmuring, susurrant, whispering, soft (vs. loud)
- usage: making a low continuous indistinct sound; "like murmuring waves"; "susurrant voices"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of whispering (Dictionary)