Synonyms of whipping
- 1. whipping, tanning, flogging, lashing, flagellation, beating, thrashing, licking, drubbing, lacing, trouncing, whacking
- usage: beating with a whip or strap or rope as a form of punishment
- 2. thrashing, walloping, debacle, drubbing, slaughter, trouncing, whipping, defeat, licking
- usage: a sound defeat
- 3. whipstitch, whipping, whipstitching, sewing stitch, embroidery stitch
- usage: a sewing stitch passing over an edge diagonally
- 4. beating, whipping, fight, fighting, combat, scrap
- usage: the act of overcoming or outdoing
- 1. flog, welt, whip, lather, lash, slash, strap, trounce, beat, beat up, work over
- usage: beat severely with a whip or rod; "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
- 2. worst, pip, mop up, whip, rack up, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: defeat thoroughly; "He mopped up the floor with his opponents"
- 3. whip, convulse, thresh, thresh about, thrash, thrash about, slash, toss, jactitate
- usage: thrash about flexibly in the manner of a whiplash; "The tall grass whipped in the wind"
- 4. whip, lash, strike
- usage: strike as if by whipping; "The curtain whipped her face"
- 5. whisk, whip, beat, scramble
- usage: whip with or as if with a wire whisk; "whisk the eggs"
- 6. blister, scald, whip, attack, round, assail, lash out, snipe, assault
- usage: subject to harsh criticism; "The Senator blistered the administration in his speech on Friday"; "the professor scaled the students"; "your invectives scorched the community"
- 1. snappy, whipping, spirited (vs. spiritless)
- usage: smart and fashionable; "snappy conversation"; "some sharp and whipping lines"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of whipping (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.