- 1. weather, endure, brave, brave out, defy, withstand, hold, hold up
- usage: face and withstand with courage; "She braved the elements"
- 2. weather, lean, tilt, tip, slant, angle
- usage: cause to slope
- 3. weather, sail
- usage: sail to the windward of
- 4. weather, decay, crumble, dilapidate
- usage: change under the action or influence of the weather; "A weathered old hut"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. weather-beaten, weatherworn, weathered, worn (vs. new)
- usage: worn by exposure to the weather; "a house of weathered shingles"
All rights reserved.
See also: weathered (Dictionary)