Synonyms of wall
- 1. wall, partition, divider
- usage: an architectural partition with a height and length greater than its thickness; used to divide or enclose an area or to support another structure; "the south wall had a small window"; "the walls were covered with pictures"
- 2. wall, object, physical object
- usage: anything that suggests a wall in structure or function or effect; "a wall of water"; "a wall of smoke"; "a wall of prejudice"; "negotiations ran into a brick wall"
- 3. wall, paries, stratum
- usage: (anatomy) a layer (a lining or membrane) that encloses a structure; "stomach walls"
- 4. wall, difficulty
- usage: a difficult or awkward situation; "his back was to the wall"; "competition was pushing them to the wall"
- 5. wall, geological formation, formation
- usage: a vertical (or almost vertical) smooth rock face (as of a cave or mountain)
- 6. wall, layer, bed
- usage: a layer of material that encloses space; "the walls of the cylinder were perforated"; "the container's walls were blue"
- 7. wall, fence, fencing
- usage: a masonry fence (as around an estate or garden); "the wall followed the road"; "he ducked behind the garden wall and waited"
- 8. rampart, bulwark, wall, embankment
- usage: an embankment built around a space for defensive purposes; "they stormed the ramparts of the city"; "they blew the trumpet and the walls came tumbling down"
- 1. wall, palisade, fence, fence in, surround, protect
- usage: surround with a wall in order to fortify
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of wall (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.