WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. argus-eyed, open-eyed, vigilant, wakeful, alert (vs. unalert), watchful
- usage: carefully observant or attentive; on the lookout for possible danger; "a policy of open-eyed awareness"; "the vigilant eye of the town watch"; "there was a watchful dignity in the room"; "a watchful parent with a toddler in tow"
- 2. light, wakeful, shallow (vs. deep)
- usage: (of sleep) easily disturbed; "in a light doze"; "a light sleeper"; "a restless wakeful night"
- 3. waking, wakeful, awake(predicate) (vs. asleep)
- usage: marked by full consciousness or alertness; "worked every moment of my waking hours"
All rights reserved.
See also: wakeful (Dictionary)