WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. vegetate, live
- usage: lead a passive existence without using one's body or mind
- 2. vegetate, grow
- usage: establish vegetation on; "They vegetated the hills behind their house"
- 3. vegetate, grow
- usage: produce vegetation; "The fields vegetate vigorously"
- 4. vegetate, grow
- usage: grow like a plant; "This fungus usually vegetates vigorously"
- 5. vegetate, grow
- usage: grow or spread abnormally; "warts and polyps can vegetate if not removed"
- 6. vegetate, propagate
- usage: propagate asexually; "The bacterial growth vegetated along"
- 7. vege out, vegetate, relax, loosen up, unbend, unwind, decompress, slow down
- usage: engage in passive relaxation; "After a hard day's work, I vegetate in front of the television"
All rights reserved.
See also: vegetate (Dictionary)