WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. unsaturated (vs. saturated)
- usage: not saturated; capable of dissolving more of a substance at a given temperature; "an unsaturated salt solution"
- 2. unsaturated (vs. saturated), monounsaturated, polyunsaturated
- usage: used of a compound (especially of carbon) containing atoms sharing more than one valence bond; "unsaturated fats"
- 3. unsaturated (vs. saturated), dull
- usage: (of color) not chromatically pure; diluted; "an unsaturated red"
All rights reserved.
See also: unsaturated (Dictionary)