Synonyms of trail
- 1. trail, path, track, course
- usage: a track or mark left by something that has passed; "there as a trail of blood"; "a tear left its trail on her cheek"
- 2. trail, track, cart track, cartroad
- usage: a path or track roughly blazed through wild or hilly country
- 3. lead, track, trail, evidence, grounds
- usage: evidence pointing to a possible solution; "the police are following a promising lead"; "the trail led straight to the perpetrator"
- 1. drag, trail, get behind, hang back, drop behind, drop back, lag, dawdle, fall back, fall behind
- usage: to lag or linger behind; "But in so many other areas we still are dragging"
- 2. chase, chase after, trail, tail, tag, give chase, dog, go after, track, pursue, follow
- usage: go after with the intent to catch; "The policeman chased the mugger down the alley"; "the dog chased the rabbit"
- 3. trail, shack, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move, proceed, or walk draggingly or slowly; "John trailed behind his class mates"; "The Mercedes trailed behind the horse cart"
- 4. trail
- usage: hang down so as to drag along the ground; "The bride's veiled trailed along the ground"
- 5. trail, train, drag
- usage: drag loosely along a surface; allow to sweep the ground; "The toddler was trailing his pants"; "She trained her long scarf behind her"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of trail (Dictionary)