WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. throat, pharynx, tubular cavity
- usage: the passage to the stomach and lungs; in the front part of the neck below the chin and above the collarbone
- 2. throat, opening
- usage: an opening in the vamp of a shoe at the instep
- 3. throat, passage
- usage: a passage resembling a throat in shape or function; "the throat of the vase"; "the throat of a chimney";
- 4. throat, external body part
- usage: the part of an animal's body that corresponds to a person's throat
All rights reserved.
See also: throat (Dictionary)