Synonyms of tangled
- 1. embroil, tangle, sweep, sweep up, drag, drag in, involve
- usage: force into some kind of situation, condition, or course of action; "They were swept up by the events"; "don't drag me into this business"
- 2. ravel, tangle, knot, intertwine, twine, entwine, enlace, interlace, lace
- usage: tangle or complicate; "a ravelled story"
- 3. tousle, dishevel, tangle, disarrange
- usage: disarrange or rumple; dishevel; "The strong wind tousled my hair"
- 4. entangle, tangle, mat, snarl, twist, twine, distort
- usage: twist together or entwine into a confusing mass; "The child entangled the cord"
- 1. tangled (vs. untangled), afoul(postnominal), foul, fouled, enmeshed, intermeshed, entangled, knotty, snarled, snarly, matted, rootbound, thrown, thrown and twisted
- usage: in a confused mass; "pushed back her tangled hair"; "the tangled ropes"
- 2. Byzantine, convoluted, involved, knotty, tangled, tortuous, complex (vs. simple)
- usage: highly complex or intricate and occasionally devious; "the Byzantine tax structure"; "Byzantine methods for holding on to his chairmanship"; "convoluted legal language"; "convoluted reasoning"; "the plot was too involved"; "a knotty problem"; "got his way by labyrinthine maneuvering"; "Oh, what a tangled web we weave"- Sir Walter Scott; "tortuous legal procedures"; "tortuous negotiations lasting for months"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tangled (Dictionary)