WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nutriment, nourishment, nutrition, sustenance, aliment, alimentation, victuals, food, nutrient
- usage: a source of materials to nourish the body
- 2. support, keep, livelihood, living, bread and butter, sustenance, resource
- usage: the financial means whereby one lives; "each child was expected to pay for their keep"; "he applied to the state for support"; "he could no longer earn his own livelihood"
- 3. sustenance, sustentation, sustainment, maintenance, upkeep, support
- usage: the act of sustaining life by food or providing a means of subsistence; "they were in want of sustenance"; "fishing was their main sustainment"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of sustenance (Dictionary)