Synonyms of sure
- 1. certain(predicate) (vs. uncertain), sure (vs. unsure), convinced(predicate), positive(predicate), confident(predicate)
- usage: having or feeling no doubt or uncertainty; confident and assured; "felt certain of success"; "was sure (or certain) she had seen it"; "was very sure in his beliefs"; "sure of her friends"
- 2. certain, sure, careful (vs. careless)
- usage: exercising or taking care great enough to bring assurance; "be certain to disconnect the iron when you are through"; "be sure to lock the doors"
- 3. certain (vs. uncertain), sure, bound(predicate), destined, doomed, fated, foreordained, predestinate, predestined, in for(predicate), predictable
- usage: certain to occur; destined or inevitable; "he was certain to fail"; "his fate is certain"; "In this life nothing is certain but death and taxes"- Benjamin Franklin; "he faced certain death"; "sudden but sure regret"; "he is sure to win"
- 4. sure, secure (vs. insecure)
- usage: physically secure or dependable; "a sure footing"; "was on sure ground"
- 5. certain, sure, reliable (vs. unreliable), dependable (vs. undependable)
- usage: reliable in operation or effect; "a quick and certain remedy"; "a sure way to distinguish the two"; "wood dust is a sure sign of termites"
- 6. sure, trusted, trustworthy (vs. untrustworthy), trusty
- usage: (of persons) worthy of trust or confidence; "a sure (or trusted) friend"
- 7. sure, true (vs. false)
- usage: infallible or unfailing; "a sure (or true) sign of one's commitment"
- 8. sure, steady (vs. unsteady)
- usage: certain not to fail; "a sure hand on the throttle"
- 9. indisputable, sure, certain(predicate) (vs. uncertain)
- usage: impossible to doubt or dispute; "indisputable (or sure) proof"
- 1. surely, certainly, sure, for sure, for certain, sure enough, sure as shooting
- usage: definitely or positively (`sure' is sometimes used informally for `surely'); "the results are surely encouraging"; "she certainly is a hard worker"; "it's going to be a good day for sure"; "they are coming, for certain"; "they thought he had been killed sure enough"; "he'll win sure as shooting"; "they sure smell good"; "sure he'll come"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of sure (Dictionary)