- 1. guidance, steering, management, direction
- usage: the act of guiding or showing the way
- 2. steering, guidance, direction, control
- usage: the act of setting and holding a course; "a new council was installed under the direction of the king"
- 3. steering, steerage, control
- usage: the act of steering a ship
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. steer, maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre, direct, point, head, guide, channelize, channelise, control, command
- usage: direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
- 2. steer, control, command
- usage: direct (oneself) somewhere; "Steer clear of him"
- 3. guide, steer, direct
- usage: be a guiding or motivating force or drive; "The teacher steered the gifted students towards the more challenging courses"
All rights reserved.
See also: steering (Dictionary)