- 1. spy, undercover agent, secret agent, intelligence officer, intelligence agent, operative
- usage: (military) a secret agent hired by a state to obtain information about its enemies or by a business to obtain industrial secrets from competitors
- 2. spy, spectator, witness, viewer, watcher, looker
- usage: a secret watcher; someone who secretly watches other people; "my spies tell me that you had a good time last night"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. descry, spot, espy, spy, spy, sight
- usage: catch sight of
- 2. spy, stag, snoop, sleuth, monitor, supervise
- usage: watch, observe, or inquire secretly
- 3. spy, sight, perceive, comprehend
- usage: catch sight of; to perceive with the eyes; "he caught sight of the king's men coming over the ridge"
- 4. spy, investigate, inquire, enquire
- usage: secretly collect sensitive or classified information; engage in espionage; "spy for the Russians"
All rights reserved.
See also: spy (Dictionary)