Synonyms of spiral
- 1. spiral, curve, curved shape
- usage: a plane curve traced by a point circling about the center but at increasing distances from the center
- 2. helix, spiral, curve, curved shape
- usage: a curve that lies on the surface of a cylinder or cone and cuts the element at a constant angle
- 3. spiral, economic process
- usage: a continuously accelerating change in the economy
- 4. spiral, volute, decoration, ornament, ornamentation
- usage: ornament consisting of a curve on a plane that winds around a center with an increasing distance from the center
- 5. coil, spiral, volute, whorl, helix, structure, construction
- usage: a structure consisting of something wound in a continuous series of loops; "a coil of rope"
- 6. spiral, rotation, rotary motion
- usage: flying downward in a helical path with a large radius
- 1. gyrate, spiral, coil, turn
- usage: to wind or move in a spiral course; "the muscles and nerves of his fine drawn body were coiling for action"; "black smoke coiling up into the sky"; "the young people gyrated on the dance floor"
- 2. spiral, wind, twist, curve
- usage: form a spiral; "The path spirals up the mountain"
- 3. corkscrew, spiral, turn
- usage: move in a spiral or zigzag course
- 1. coiling, helical, spiral, spiraling, volute, voluted, whorled, turbinate, coiled (vs. uncoiled)
- usage: in the shape of a coil
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of spiral (Dictionary)