- 1. alcoholic, alky, dipsomaniac, boozer, lush, soaker, souse, drunkard, drunk, rummy, sot, inebriate, wino
- usage: a person who drinks alcohol to excess habitually
- 2. souse, sausage
- usage: pork trimmings chopped and pickled and jelled
- 3. drenching, soaking, souse, sousing, wetting
- usage: the act of making something completely wet; "he gave it a good drenching"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. drench, douse, dowse, soak, sop, souse, wet
- usage: cover with liquid; pour liquid onto; "souse water on his hot face"
- 2. dunk, dip, souse, plunge, douse, immerse, plunge
- usage: immerse briefly into a liquid so as to wet, coat, or saturate; "dip the garment into the cleaning solution"; "dip the brush into the paint"
- 3. souse, soak, inebriate, hit it up, drink, booze, fuddle
- usage: become drunk or drink excessively
- 4. souse, cook
- usage: cook in a marinade; "souse herring"
All rights reserved.
See also: souse (Dictionary)