WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. soul, psyche, spirit
- usage: the immaterial part of a person; the actuating cause of an individual life
- 2. person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul, organism, being, causal agent, cause, causal agency
- usage: a human being; "there was too much for one person to do"
- 3. soul, soulfulness, feeling
- usage: deep feeling or emotion
- 4. soul, embodiment
- usage: the human embodiment of something; "the soul of honor"
- 5. soul, gospel, gospel singing, black music, African-American music
- usage: a secular form of gospel that was a major Black musical genre in the 1960s and 1970s; "soul was politically significant during the Civil Rights movement"
All rights reserved.
See also: soul (Dictionary)