- 1. oxalis, sorrel, wood sorrel, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: any plant or flower of the genus Oxalis
- 2. dock, sorrel, sour grass, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: any of certain coarse weedy plants with long taproots, sometimes used as table greens or in folk medicine
- 3. roselle, rozelle, sorrel, red sorrel, Jamaica sorrel, Hibiscus sabdariffa, hibiscus
- usage: East Indian sparsely prickly annual herb or perennial subshrub widely cultivated for its fleshy calyxes used in tarts and jelly and for its bast fiber
- 4. sorrel, common sorrel, greens, green, leafy vegetable
- usage: large sour-tasting arrowhead-shaped leaves used in salads and sauces
- 5. sorrel, horse, Equus caballus
- usage: a horse of a brownish orange to light brown color
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sorrel, brownish-orange, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of a light brownish color
All rights reserved.
See also: sorrel (Dictionary)