- 1. dirt, filth, grime, soil, stain, grease, grunge, dirtiness, uncleanness
- usage: the state of being covered with unclean things
- 2. soil, dirt, earth, ground
- usage: the part of the earth's surface consisting of humus and disintegrated rock
- 3. land, ground, soil, object, physical object
- usage: material in the top layer of the surface of the earth in which plants can grow (especially with reference to its quality or use); "the land had never been plowed"; "good agricultural soil"
- 4. territory, soil, geographical area, geographic area, geographical region, geographic region
- usage: the geographical area under the jurisdiction of a sovereign state; "American troops were stationed on Japanese soil"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dirty, soil, begrime, grime, colly, bemire, change, alter, modify
- usage: make soiled, filthy, or dirty; "don't soil your clothes when you play outside!"
All rights reserved.
See also: soil (Dictionary)