- 1. glide, gliding, sailplaning, soaring, sailing, flight, flying
- usage: the activity of flying a glider
- 1. soar, soar up, soar upwards, surge, zoom, rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise
- usage: rise rapidly; "the dollar soared against the yen"
- 2. hang glide, soar, fly, aviate, pilot
- usage: fly by means of a hang glider
- 3. soar, fly, wing
- usage: fly upwards or high in the sky
- 4. soar, rise, go up, climb
- usage: go or move upward; "The stock market soared after the cease-fire was announced"
- 5. sailplane, soar, glide
- usage: fly a plane without an engine
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. soaring, high (vs. low)
- usage: ascending to a level markedly higher than the usual; "soaring prices"
- 2. eminent, lofty, soaring, towering, high (vs. low)
- usage: of imposing height; especially standing out above others; "an eminent peak"; "lofty mountains"; "the soaring spires of the cathedral"; "towering icebergs"
All rights reserved.
See also: soaring (Dictionary)