- 1. snicker, snort, snigger, laugh, laughter
- usage: a disrespectful laugh
- 2. boo, hoot, Bronx cheer, hiss, raspberry, razzing, razz, snort, bird, cry, outcry, call, yell, shout, vociferation
- usage: a cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. snort, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: indicate contempt by breathing noisily and forcefully through the nose; "she snorted her disapproval of the proposed bridegroom"
- 2. snort, exhale, expire, breathe out
- usage: make a snorting sound by exhaling hard; "The critic snorted contemptuously"
- 3. huff, snort, inhale, inspire, breathe in
- usage: inhale recreational drugs; "The addict was snorting cocaine almost every day"; "the kids were huffing glue"
- 4. take a hit, snort, drug, do drugs
- usage: inhale through the nose
All rights reserved.
See also: snort (Dictionary)