- 1. slate, tablet
- usage: (formerly) a writing tablet made of slate
- 2. slate, slating, roofing material
- usage: thin layers of rock used for roofing
- 3. slate, sedimentary rock
- usage: a fine-grained metamorphic rock that can be split into thin layers
- 4. slate, ticket, list, listing
- usage: a list of candidates nominated by a political party to run for election to public offices
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. slate, intend, destine, designate, specify
- usage: designate or schedule; "He slated his talk for 9 AM"; "She was slated to be his successor"
- 2. slate, cross-file, register
- usage: enter on a list or slate for an election; "He was slated for borough president"
- 3. slate, roof
- usage: cover with slate; "slate the roof"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of slate (Dictionary)