WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Sitter, Willem de Sitter
- usage: Dutch astronomer who calculated the size of the universe and suggested that it is expanding (1872-1934)
- 2. sitter, organism, being
- usage: an organism (person or animal) that sits
- 3. babysitter, baby-sitter, sitter, keeper
- usage: a person engaged to care for children when the parents are not home
- 4. artist's model, sitter, model, poser
- usage: a person who poses for a painter or sculptor
- 5. brood hen, broody, broody hen, setting hen, sitter, hen, biddy
- usage: a domestic hen ready to brood
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of sitter (Dictionary)