- 1. simple, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: any herbaceous plant having medicinal properties
- 2. simpleton, simple, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person lacking intelligence or common sense
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. simple (vs. complex), simplex, simplistic, unanalyzable, undecomposable, uncomplicated, unsophisticated, easy, plain, simple#6, unsubdivided
- usage: having few parts; not complex or complicated or involved; "a simple problem"; "simple mechanisms"; "a simple design"; "a simple substance"
- 2. elementary, simple, uncomplicated, unproblematic, easy (vs. difficult)
- usage: easy and not involved or complicated; "an elementary problem in statistics"; "elementary, my dear Watson"; "a simple game"; "found an uncomplicated solution to the problem"
- 3. bare(prenominal), mere(prenominal), simple(prenominal), plain (vs. fancy)
- usage: apart from anything else; without additions or modifications; "only the bare facts"; "shocked by the mere idea"; "the simple passage of time was enough"; "the simple truth"
- 4. childlike, wide-eyed, round-eyed, dewy-eyed, simple, naive (vs. sophisticated), naif
- usage: exhibiting childlike simplicity and credulity; "childlike trust"; "dewy-eyed innocence"; "listened in round-eyed wonder"
- 5. dim-witted, simple, simple-minded, retarded (vs. precocious)
- usage: lacking mental capacity and subtlety
- 6. simple (vs. compound), unsubdivided, acerate, acerose, acicular, needle-shaped, acuminate, apiculate, caudate, cordate, heart-shaped, cordiform, cuneate, wedge-shaped, deltoid, dolabriform, dolabrate, elliptic, ensiform, sword-shaped, swordlike, bladelike, hastate, spearhead-shaped, lanceolate, lancelike, linear, elongate, lyrate, needled, two-needled, three-needled, four-needled, five-needled, obtuse, oblanceolate, oblong, obovate, orbiculate, orbicular, ovate, pandurate, panduriform, fiddle-shaped, peltate, shield-shaped, perfoliate, reniform, kidney-shaped, sagittate, sagittiform, arrow-shaped, spatulate, spatula-shaped, unlobed, simple, smooth
- usage: (botany) of leaf shapes; of leaves having no divisions or subdivisions
- 7. simple, plain (vs. fancy)
- usage: unornamented; "a simple country schoolhouse"; "her black dress--simple to austerity"
All rights reserved.
See also: simple (Dictionary)