- 1. frill, ruff, external body part
- usage: an external body part consisting of feathers or hair about the neck of a bird or other animal
- 2. choker, ruff, ruffle, neck ruff, collar, neckband
- usage: a high tight collar
- 3. ruff, Philomachus pugnax, sandpiper
- usage: common Eurasian sandpiper; the male has an erectile neck ruff in breeding season
- 4. ruff, trumping, turn, play
- usage: (card games) the act of taking a trick with a trump when unable to follow suit
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. trump, ruff, move, go
- usage: play a trump
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of ruff (Dictionary)